There's no place like Noah
Director of Engineering
Noah helps homeowners meet financial goals without incurring new monthly payments or interest.
Here’s how it works: we invest in a home, take no monthly payments, then share in the appreciation of the home’s value when the contract is over. Our innovative equity sharing model is a debt-free alternative to traditional home equity loans and HELOCs. The net worth of more and more Americans is tied up in their homes, so homeowners are turning to debt alternatives like Noah to improve their personal finances.
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, Noah was able to provide funding to keep families in their homes, provide for much-needed repairs, and more. In early 2021 we began offering short-term investments and added a cap on our returns to align more closely with our homeowners.
We were founded in 2016 in San Francisco, but now have team members across the country. We’re planning on staying remote until 2022. Noah’s roster of investors includes Union Square Ventures, Tribe Capital, Breega Capital, and Techstars Ventures.
We are seeking a Director of Engineering with an execution-focused mindset who operates with vision and integrity. They can expect to play an active role in the development and completion of new products and features, working closely with the head of product to deliver on company objectives. Some of their responsibilities will also include aligning engineering activities and projects with company goals and objectives, providing expert guidance and support and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful as a Director of Engineering, you should have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills, years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. Ideal candidates will have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in trends in engineering and leadership, and above-average emotional intelligence.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the CEO
- Maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Implementing best practice engineering methods.
- Actively recruit top talent and maintain a pipeline of candidates for speed to hire
- Develop and foster a culture of speed and innovation along with resolving customer challenges.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivery of company's services.
- Supporting established organizational objectives by developing goals and strategies.
- 4+ Years of management experience
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems (architecture, reliability, monitoring, and scaling)
React, Node, Typescript, AWS, MySQL
- Competitive salary, 401k, and stock options
- Flexible/Remote work
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- FSA or HSA options
- Flexible paid time off
- Ongoing training and development courses via Udemy etc.
- Quarterly team building events - online and in-person (as applicable)
- Home office stipend