There's no place like Noah
If you have a passion for helping others, tackling big problems, and reimaging financial products, it's about time we met.
Head of Finance
San Francisco, Ca
Noah is a modern finance company helping homeowners tap into their home value to meet their financial goals without incurring new monthly payments or interest. Founded in 2016 with offices in San Francisco and New York, Noah’s innovative equity sharing model is a debt-free alternative to traditional home equity loans and HELOCs. Noah’s roster of investors includes Union Square Ventures, Tribe Capital, Breega Capital, and Techstars Ventures.
Noah is looking to make our first finance hire to lead our accounting, budgeting, and financial operations. You will be responsible for maintaining the Company’s financial policies and procedures, as well as ensuring sound accounting practices. You will be reporting to the company’s co-founder. While we recognize that backgrounds will be varied, prior accounting and finance work is a must. Experience in real-estate, fintech, lending, or private equity is preferred.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Build, lead and manage the finance function - role will be both tactical and strategic to start, so needs to be a self-performer willing to roll up his/her sleeves
- Functional responsibility for all finance and accounting operations, including oversight of accounting and financial reporting, expense reporting, ownership of financial analysis and the budgeting process, and management of billing operations
- Work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- Establish, lead and execute budgeting cycles, including the development of budgets and subsequent variance analyses to drive accountability throughout the organization
- Complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings for the company
- Manage investor relations, including crafting board communications and fundraising materials.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting and/or business administration
- 7+ years of finance experience including growth into more senior roles, bonus points for experience in PE/VC, structured finance and/or real-estate
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and scaling a finance organization from the ground up, including hiring, systems and controls
- Proficient in tools such as: Excel, Google Sheets, Quickbooks, Expensify, Bill.com etc.
- Strong financial modeling ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in an ever-changing environment, ability to connect the dots and make a decision on your own feet.
- Competitive salary, 401k, and equity in a company that is growing rapidly
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance, FSA
- Paid time off
- Ongoing training and development